Continuing the new Glass Program at Yadawi, we have designed new Taster Workshops that allow you to learn about the techniques, make beads and have a taste of beadmaking over the course of two days. Lubna Saif Abbas will be leading the Soft Glass Tasters and Mohammed Al Duwaisan will be leading the Borosilicate experiences.
Please see the date, times and description below.
NOTE: We welcome all creatives 16 years and older.
SOFT GLASS TASTER BEADMAKING WORKSHOP
- Safety practices, Work area set up. Proper Mandrel preparation. Getting use to work with glass and fire.
- Stringers to use for decoration (3 techniques)
- Creating Dots on beads with the stringer you have made
- Working with Gravity to shape beads and Dots manipulation
- İntermediate Cane Making Encased Stringer
- Working with Encased Stringer and Filigrana
- Twisties (Latticino and More) Small, Simple, Complex
- Creating beads with Twisties Poked Dots and encasing
- Creating leaves and other shapes
Below are the dates available
August 28-29 BEADMAKING TASTER
Wednesday - Thursday
Time: 5:00 - 9:00 PM
Level: Beginners Foundational
Capacity: 8 Students
Once you have successfully participated the 2 day workshop you will receive a Yadawi Certificate of Completion along with a complimentary Torch Time Coupon for 3 hours.