We are delighted to invite you to the upcoming TEDx event in Kuwait City. We are looking for the most thought-provoking, influential, and amazing ideas heroes from our community and we are excited to invite you to join us in sparking ideas from Kuwait to the world!
TEDxKuwaitCity is a day full of ideas from our community to delight and inspire you.
Please note: Speakers at TEDxKuwaitCity 2019 may deliver their talks in English or Arabic. Translation is not available on the day.
About TEDx, x = independently organized TED event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. (Subject to certain rules and regulations.)
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. Started as a four-day conference in California 26 years ago, TED has grown to support those world-changing ideas with multiple initiatives. At TED, the world's leading thinkers and doers are asked to give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes. Talks are then made available, free, at TED.com. TED speakers have included Bill Gates, Jane Goodall, Elizabeth Gilbert, Sir Richard Branson, Benoit Mandelbrot, Philippe Starck, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Isabel Allende and former UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown. Two major TED events are held each year: The TED Conference takes place every spring in Long Beach, California (along with a parallel conference, TEDActive, in Palm Springs), and TEDGlobal is held each summer in Edinburgh, Scotland.
TED’s media initiatives include TED.com, where new TEDTalks are posted daily; the new TED Conversations, enabling broad conversations among TED fans; and the Open Translation Project, which provides subtitles and interactive transcripts as well as the ability for any TEDTalk to be translated by volunteers worldwide.
TED has established the annual TED Prize, where exceptional individuals with a wish to change the world are given the opportunity to put their wishes into action; TEDx, which offers individuals or groups a way to host local, self-organized events around the world; and the TED Fellows program, helping world-changing innovators from around the globe to become part of the TED community and, with its help, amplify the impact of their remarkable projects and activities.
For more information or to partner with us: https://www.tedx-kuwaitcity.com / https://www.ted.com/tedx/events/33355
Terms & Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before proceeding to buying tickets to our event. By purchasing tickets to TEDxKuwaitCity 2019, you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions. If you choose not to be bound by the terms and conditions, TEDxKuwaitCity does not grant you the right to purchase tickets to our event.
Due to security rules and regulations, in order to be have admittance to the event, you must register each attendee.
TEDxKuwaitCity may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any variations become effective on posting. By making a purchase after the Terms and Conditions have been varied, you agree to be bound by the variation.
General Terms and Conditions Tickets are sold by MAPP Company for TEDxKuwaitCity who is conducting the relevant event.
The following conditions are both of sale and conditions of attendance at the event:
When purchasing more than one ticket, you must fill in each ticket holders name, and each ticket holders email address. Tickets are non-transferable.
- Attendance at the Event
- In order to attend the Event, you must:
- Be 16 years of age or older; or, for children 8+, be accompanied by an adult over 18 years old who has also registered to attend the event.
- Have registered successfully and paid for your attendance in full.
- The current registration fees set out on our website are in Kuwaiti Dinars
- No refund or exchange on any ticket except as required by law and as otherwise specified by the seller. If a refund is made, TEDxKuwaitCity may, to the extent permitted by law, retain any ticketing processing fees charged by the ticket system provider.
- The right is reserved to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute speakers and / or vary advertised programs, venue, seating arrangements and audience capacity.
- The right is reserved to charge a fee for the replacement of tickets.
- The right of admission is reserved and is subject to the seller's terms of admission. Late arrival may result in non-admittance until a suitable break in the performance.
- Audio and video recorders may not be permitted. The right is reserved to broadcast or telecast any TEDxKuwaitCity event.
- It may be a condition of entry to individual events that a search of person and / or their possessions will be required at the time of the entry to the venue.
- Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way or if you fail to show an acceptable form of photo ID.
- Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of TEDxKuwaitCity, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via on-line auction sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services, either by the original purchaser or any subsequent bearer without the prior written consent of TEDxKuwaitCity. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the bearer of the ticket may be refused admission.
- When purchasing tickets for a particular event you may be limited to a specified number of tickets. This ticket limit is included on the event page. If you exceed the ticket limit, you may have any or all of your orders and tickets cancelled without notice by TEDxKuwaitCity in its discretion.
- If you do not provide email addresses for all ticket holders, you may have any or all of your orders and tickets cancelled without notice by TEDxKuwaitCity in its discretion.
- If you have paid registration fees for the Event and decide not to attend, you may cancel your registration for a full refund (less an Admin Fee), provided the cancellation request is received by us in writing at [email protected] 14 full days before the event.
- The Admin Fee for cancellations is calculated as follows: the maximum of 10% of the ticket price (excluding booking fee).
- Cancellations made after this deadline are non-refundable, due to arrangements.
- Other than as set out above, we will only offer a refund to the extent required by law.
- Transfers We are unable to process Transfers of tickets to someone else, due to venue and security requirements.
- Your registration is for you only, and we will ask for photo ID at the door.
- You must provide photo identification to obtain your entry badge on the day of the Event.
- You are required to wear your event badge in order to access all parts of the event.
- You must register via our event app, information on how to do that will be shared with you via the email you use at the time of purchase.
- ReleaseYou consent to:
- TEDxKuwaitCity (or someone on our behalf) or our partners taking photographs, and making audio and video recordings of you at the Event (Recordings); and
- TEDxKuwaitCity sharing the Recordings to promote the Event in any manner we see fit.
- You understand and agree that we own all rights (including copyright and other intellectual property rights) to the Recordings.
- You understand that:
- We are under no obligation to use, or pay you for, our use of the Recordings; and
- You will have no right of approval, no claim for compensation, and no claim (including, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation or right of publicity), arising out of, directly or indirectly, from the use and publication of the Recordings.